Pages

Sunday 14 April 2013

Nails that sparkle!!!

Apart from browsing for clothes online on a Sunday night it would seem my
other ritual is painting my nails.
It is really something that relaxes me and helps me to
calm my mind :-)
I thought I'd do a little post on my favourite way of doing my nails.
 
 
Rimmel 60 Second and Barry M have to be my favourite Nail varnishes.
they just glide on so beautifully and don't streak and dry relatively quickly.
 When I take hours taking off my nail varnish (due to too many layers) there is nothing better to relax those hand muscles than Soap & Glorys - Hand Food.
It smells beautiful and is not too thin that you feel like you're washing your hands and not to thick that you find yourself rubbing your hands for hours.
It's juuuuusssssttttt right. (my best Goldilocks impression.)
Right guys this is something that I don't even let my fiance see.
Bare nails!!!!
For me it's something of a horror movie! eeekkk!
The yellow is from years of having red and other dark nail varnish that its stained my nails.
However, Top Tip Time!!!!
When I had my nails done for my holiday the lady advised me to remove the
yellow stains the best thing to do, is to paint them a natural pink.
Something within the pink nail varnish works as a de-yellowing agent.
I have tried it and it really does work!!!!
Next step base coat colour.....
I usually do 2 to 3 coats as it does come through quite transparent.
I really love this shade by Barry M its called "Nude" number 342 as it is a quite natural colour.
Next, time to add the Sparkles and top coat.
 

I Love this sparkle / glitter by Barry M it has some pink glitter in there to
 warm up the colour and tie in with the pink under coat.
It has a much softer feel than normal silver glitter.
Its called "Rose Quartz" number 349.
For £2.99 I think Barry M Nail Varnish is a real steal and the price does not reflect the quality.
I've done a normal shot and one slightly out of focus so you can see how the nails catch the light.
Sooooo Pretty :-)
I hope you like this post and found it a little helpful.
Love
Gemma xx

24 comments:

  1. Here I'm following you! Really nice art nails! :)

    Kisses pretty!

    http://sherryvintage.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/l-e-g-e-o-r-g-e-t-t-e-s-v-i-n-t-g-e-c-l.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your blog and style, just followed you! check out my blog if you like xx

    http://gypsywardrobe.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh thank you hun xxx
      Your blog is amazing have followed you back :-)
      Gemma xx

      Delete
  3. your nails are lovely :)
    im following you :)
    maybe follow back ??
    Leila xx
    http://leila-joycexoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you darling.
      I have had a look and followed your lovely blog back xxxx
      Gemma xx

      Delete
  4. Great post! My nails also go a yellow colour, I'll need to try a natural pink polish soon! Thanks for the follow, I'm now following back!

    http://fashionbeauty96.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun.
      It does really work, until you paint your nails red again.

      Thanks for the follow xxx

      Delete
  5. Your nails look so great. I wish I could paint my nails and make them look that good.

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhh Thank you so much Tracy.
      You have a wonderful blog and a new follower :-)
      Gemma xx

      Delete
  6. I really like your nail tutorial! I created a website called Sweet & Style where new and struggling bloggers can submit posts to be featured to gain more traffic to their blog. If you are interested I would love to feature one of your posts on the site. I was a blogger for years gaining little to no traffic for my blog which is why I created this site to help other bloggers in the same predicament. If you have a post you want to submit or discuss an idea you can email me at gasappenfield@gmail.com

    www.sweetandstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gabriella I will email you shortly. Thank you for such a wonderful opportunity :-)

      Love Gemma xx

      Delete
  7. Wow your nails are so long! You just reminded me that I need to re-do my nails for work tomorrow!

    Thanks for the follow - I followed back. Hope you come visit my blog again soon!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Corinne!!
      My Nana gave me the best tip to get long strong nails.... no nail varnish for two weeks (very hard for me) and before you go to bed rub olive oil into your cuticles and nails every night!!
      It makes them so strong xxx
      Thanks for the follow hun xxx

      Delete
  8. Your nails look so pretty, I love a bit of glitz!

    By the way I am having a great giveaway on my blog check it out here...
    http://fashion-nerdette.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/kilajewel-competition.html

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ally J,
      Thanks for the lovely comment.
      Great posts and lovely blog. Defo new follower xx
      Love Gemma xx

      Delete
  9. Ahh these are awesome!x

    http://crystalcosmicchic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving your nails ♥
    Nude nail polish is really pretty

    mind too follow each other??

    xx
    Amira
    www.amirahayupratiwi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amira.
      Thanks for your comment.
      You have a new follower :-)
      Gemma xx

      Delete
  11. This looks really pretty, I like that the sparkle isn't over the whole nail! I love the smell of that hand cream too! Thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michaela. Thank you for your comment too.
      Yeah I much prefer this way of doing glitter.
      You dont loose the bottom colour as well then.
      Gemma xxx

      Delete
  12. your nails are so long, i love it!

    Mind taking a second to check out my blog, I love feedback!
    rosewaterreflections.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhh Thanks Karlee.
      Will have a look now. Maybe follow each other :-)
      Gemma xxxx

      Delete